FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Still no progress on fixing the issue. I do now have service and parts manuals on the way.
I have learned a few more things that may help diagnosis. With the L.U. removed, the shift shaft has vertical play and if pulled upward it will spin 360 with the shift cog. I believe this to be the root...
I am having problems that I cannot figure out on my 1969 Mercury 650 4 cylinder 2 stroke outboard. Shifting adjustment seems to elude me and unfortunately nobody in southern California seems to work on anything that is older than 15 years.
First off, yes I tried the shift adjusting technique in...
New to the site and new to boating, but I am not new to work and fixing things. Hoping to learn from people a lot smarter at this stuff than I am.
I purchased a 1969 Glastron Gulfstream. The deck has a couple holes in the fiberglass and I can feel the soft wood and see some rotting in about a...