FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello All,
I'm about to swap a 1990 4.3 V6 OMC Cobra (missing outdrive) with a 1986 4.3 V6 Mercruiser 205 HP Alpha (complete gimbal and motor swap). Neither boat has an outdrive, but I have a good Alpha 1 gen 1 that should work. What problems might I run into? I'm 99% sure both engines are...
Hi Everyone, and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a 1990 Force 125 HP that runs great, but has developed a leak at the gear shift rod bellows seal at the top plate of the lower unit. Does anyone know what year(s) might be compatible that do not have the bellows design? I know...
Hi Everyone,
I have dropped the lower unit on a 1986 Evinrude 50 HP M/N E50TLCDE to replace the impeller, but when I drained the LU I noticed a small amount of water in the gearcase oil. I would like to replace the driveshaft and gearshift rod seals while I have the LU off. The seal housings are...
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a 1990 Evinrude 15 HP M/N 15RESR today and the motor will start but will not stay running. I am thinking it probably needs a new fuel pump, but thought I should post for any other ideas before I order any parts.
Hi Everyone,
First post here, so please bear with me as I am a newbie. I just got done pulling my 1968 85hp Johnson V4 and installing an 1986 Evinrude 50hp twin M/N E50TLCDE on my antique 1968 Starcraft Daytona 17 footer. Built new battery cables, installed new control cables and got her running...