FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Backstory: Just got this motor running this week (90' 150HP). Had a problem that it would run on the muffs, but not in gear in the water. I had "rebuilt" the carbs (which are from a 1976 200HP Johnson) the week before, but missed an important step. I didn't remove and clean the jets. Took them...
Hi Everyone,
I have a 1990 Johnson 150HP motor with 1976 200HP carbs/fuel pumps installed. I am finally getting my outboard running after doing a powerhead swap almost 2 years ago. Anyway, to my question. The motor has been running well during testing from a 6 gallon portable fuel tank. I am...
Re: Will a 1979 235HP Johnson Powerhead fit a 1976 200HP Lower?
Thank you very much emdsapmgr! Last night I took off the intake manifolds off both motors and swapped the shift lever from the 200 to the 150. Worked perfectly. I looked at the carbs like you suggested, and the 150 carbs have a...
Re: Will a 1979 235HP Johnson Powerhead fit a 1976 200HP Lower?
Thanks again to everyone for the help! I'm learning a lot more about the differences in these Johnson motors. I might have learned too little too late, however. Let me explain. I picked up the "new" powerhead about a month ago. Did...
Hey guys,
I've got a complete 1976 200HP Crossflow (200TL76S) Johnson motor with a bad piston. I found a 1979 235HP (235TL79A) rebuilt powerhead on Craigslist. I've tried to do some research to see if i can swap the powerhead from the 79' to the 76', and all I have been able to find out is that...