FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok gentlemen, I have the outdrive re-installed, the lower unit back in, the gears are now working fine. Thank you to all that helped.
The last item I need help with is this: When I pull the throttle back it shifts into reverse immedietely. When I push the throttle forward, I have to push it...
I got the outdrive installed on my 1969 MC160 IL 6cyl. I am having a problem getting the lower unit in place. I can get it in and then about 1" shy I can't get it to slide in any further. Please, any thoughts?
I notice that there is no gasket to install to put my lower unit back on my boat. I would think this would be at risk of a leak. Should I put a bead of sealant or gasket maker on this? Any ideas would be helpful.
I have a 1969 Cruisers Yacht that I am restoring. It has a Mercruiser 160 IL 6cyl and Mercruiser outdrive. The outdrive needs a new clutch and I really don't want to pay a shop to fix it. I also don't have the special tools I am told I need in order to do the work myself. I am curious as to...