FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I don't know the year--I figure if I can find the serial number, I can determine the year. Looking at replacement decals; my best guess is '76, but mine are so faded it's hard to say.
https://outboarddecalset.com/1976-mercury-85-hp-decal-set.html
But again, mine is so faded there is no blue or...
Oh, and before I buy a parts manual, anyone have the correct p/n for a water pump impeller and/or kit?
And where would you buy a parts manual--eBay?
Thanks again, Rich
Thank you all for the replies.
My pressure washer is not running correctly so I went another direction.
Thought about it and said to meself, "self...what do you do with mold"?
Self said, "Bleach".
Took a spray bottle, filled with bleach and started blasting away. Still took some brushing, but...
Mike--
Thanks for the reply. Acid wash? Guess I'll do a search on that.
Yep, time flies when you're having fun. And even when you're not.
I can't believe it's been 20 years since I've owned a boat--happy to be back, or at least headed back.
Board seems to be treating me like a new member, but I...
Sold my last boat in 2006 (17' Nitro, 150 HP Merc V6), been away since then.
I just today bought an old (mid/late 70s) 17' bowrider that has been sitting for "at least" four years.
Full of leaves and crap, it's going to need a lot of help. So for starters, how do I clean off the mold and crap...