FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Yes, I have the quadrajet. We had 3 years of trouble free use since I bought it. I put an impeller in it and battery and have had no issues until now. I should have been at least checking points. But we just drop it in and have fun. I look forward to getting it back on the water.
The anti siphon valve was working when I messed with the tank. I pulled out the board cover and used the sending unit hole to empty the fuel. The rubber line itself is original. Kind of junky in appearance but internally intact. From pump to carburetor is a formed metal line.
What are you...
Compression has not been checked. My original issue was no spark. Even with the points being gapped. Found out thru testing it seems the points grounded themselves to the base plate. There was no "disconnect" just constant ground signal. I replaced the points. Still no spark. Replaced the coil...
I was able to borrow an equus dwell meter from my dad. I installed new Sierra points and condenser, new standard motor products ignition coil (all from O'Reilly) then drained the old fuel. It was nasty orange. Put fresh fuel in, timed it to 6 degrees, and I can currently Rev off idle and hold...
This question may be beat to death but I am inquiring mainly about the new Pertronix Igniter 2. There does not seem to be alot of info on it. I have waited 2 weeks and have been emailed twice from pertronix claiming they were going to reach out to me over phone and they have never called.
Here...