Recent content by fishtilubleed

  1. F

    Distance from lower gear case to prop

    I cannot really tell if the splines are holding it back but the threads on the end of the shaft are about 3/16 to a 1/4 from pushing the prop back flush with the splines. Do you know of any place to pick up another lower for this power head. Thinking about replacing the lower and putting a OMC...
  2. F

    Distance from lower gear case to prop

    Took another look and the body of the props are the same length. The stock prop I cannot tell where it spaced out to in relation to the spline and treaded portion of the prop shaft. I have 3 merc props and they all 3 slide on to the same place. Makes me wonder if the prop shaft is not tweaked a...
  3. F

    Distance from lower gear case to prop

    Dayum jimmbo just no comment?
  4. F

    Distance from lower gear case to prop

    IT goes over the prop shaft to the same place the factory prop went to but the overall length is shorter than the stock prop. It is a merc prop. I have a machine shop thought about making a sleeve that presses over the prop and then put about 3 tack welds on it. Salt why do you say it will...
  5. F

    Distance from lower gear case to prop

    Yes I found a SS prop a quick silver in the back with the correct spline but it has 1" of stand off to the gear case. I know its not correct but all we do is jug fish out of this boat. Not looking for speed or power just chase a few jugs down. I think it will cavitate from the exhaust and yes it...
  6. F

    Distance from lower gear case to prop

    Next little question how much clearance should there be between the lower case and the prop? what does the 3 blade thrust washer do?
  7. F

    140 hp OMC sea drive

    Next little question how much clearance should there be between the lower case and the prop? what does the 3 blade thrust washer do?
  8. F

    1986 E70TLCDC Piston Destruction - What Causes This?

    vacuum leak? I pressure/ vacuum test any 2 stroke before I do any tear down except what I have to tear down to do the tests. Save a mechanic a lot of grief!
  9. F

    140 hp OMC sea drive

    salt it is a sea drive and TY
  10. F

    140 hp OMC sea drive

    Do these have thermostats? I thought they all did but nothing I can find in the parts diagrams.
  11. F

    140 hp OMC sea drive

    North Texas off I44
Top