FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
the on the fly completely takes away any question of - is it too high, or is it too low. You can put it right were you want it, on a '59 baby! This ride is sweet.
Let me be more clear: a jackplate from on the fly sets that higher hp motor back off of that transome, and you launch, as well as level out quikly. It's all good man. I can show pictures if you'd like.
Having been the lucky owner of this '59 deep C for 6 or 7 years now, I have determined that my boat, runs the best with a . .. wait for it.. I mistakenly cut my transome to accommodate a short shaft, having started with my little baby '75 15hp. I graduated to a '78 25hp short...