to jake plate, or not to jack plate

MrBuster1011

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 13, 2023
Messages
4
Having been the lucky owner of this '59 deep C for 6 or 7 years now, I have determined that my boat, runs the best with a . .. wait for it.. I mistakenly cut my transome to accommodate a short shaft, having started with my little baby '75 15hp. I graduated to a '78 25hp short shaft, then the 30hp I have now. I rebuilt the transome with a jack plate from on the fly jackplates, and oh man. This boat needs power, and, deserves to have the jackplate to get that motor off of transome. It runs so good. This is the way to go for all you other wonderer's.
 

MrBuster1011

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 13, 2023
Messages
4
Let me be more clear: a jackplate from on the fly sets that higher hp motor back off of that transome, and you launch, as well as level out quikly. It's all good man. I can show pictures if you'd like.
 

MrBuster1011

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 13, 2023
Messages
4
the on the fly completely takes away any question of - is it too high, or is it too low. You can put it right were you want it, on a '59 baby! This ride is sweet.
 

harwester

Recruit
Joined
Apr 23, 2026
Messages
1
That sounds like an awesome setup! Jack plates really can make a huge difference, especially when you're trying to dial in a classic '59 hull like that. It's great that you managed to fix the transom issue and get it running perfectly with the 30hp. I would definitely love to see those pictures if you don't mind sharing! Also, how much setback does that 'On the Fly' jack plate have?
 
Top