FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone know where I could find an exploded view to purchase the exhaust gasket in the picture below (pic is on the lower unit).
I've looked at DougRussell but the diagrams are fairly unclear. Any help is much appreciated.
Last weekend everything worked fine. This weekend, I took the boat out and dropped the trolling motor, and everything worked with the exception of the steering. I can here a motor turn in the main box on the trolling motor, but the collar that spins the shaft wont move.
What should I check...
I'm helping a friend and have no clue if water is supposed to come out of the holes pictured (when hooked up to muffs). Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
I have a '77 merc 850 without tilt and trim. Could I just take the cylinders and pump from another engine and replace the lift assists with the tilt/trim cylinders? It looks like the hydraulic cylinders will fit right in place of the "shocks", but I wanted to check with the pros first. Thanks in...