1978 Mercury 70hp Worth Messing With?

Mc Tool

Commander
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
2,008
I dunno if your referring to AI , but I think its like a naughty child trying to lie its way out of trouble. If you keep badgering it you can get to the truth .
I was asking about Chinese stationary 9hp motor ...is the 2:1 reduction on the output shaft gear or chain ( its chain ) ,tells me its gear , so I ask if the output shaft rotates the same direction as the crankshaft , says yes it does , so I ask does it have a 3 gear train , answer no it has a two gear train , I ask how that works being that if it has only 2 gears the shafts must counter rotate .........then it tells me its a double roller oil bath chain drive . I had to back it into a corner to get the truth ....I mean I knew anyway but FFS :D:D
 
Top