Alpha One Gen 2 Speedometer Connector

solarken

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Messages
3
On my recently purchased 2015 Monterey 196MS, with an Alpha ONE Gen 2 outdrive, I was troubleshooting why the speedometer did not work, and found the pitot tube not connected at the outdrive (see photo). I believe I found the connector (item 24), a pn 860382, that looks to be missing, to connect the black tubing to the plastic fitting with the red ring/relief. From the parts breakdownfor the bell housing, it shows a clamp (item 31), pn 818557 near the connector. Can anyone confirm this is a spring loaded clamp that secures the black tubing around the barb end on the quick connector?Quicksilver-860382-quickconnect.jpg
1000006180.jpg
 

solarken

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Messages
3
This is the image of the 818557 clamp from boats.net, I am not sure this is an accurate image, the thing looks like just a cheap plastic clamp in this image.
Does anyone have a photo of this clamp from their alpha one drive?
818557-boats-dot-net.png
 

Fun Times

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
9,439
This is the image of the 818557 clamp from boats.net, I am not sure this is an accurate image, the thing looks like just a cheap plastic clamp in this image.
Does anyone have a photo of this clamp from their alpha one drive?
View attachment 420179
This clip in question is the clip that holds the trim sending unit wires to the water intake hose.... For a detailed illustration, see the following video right at the 18:28 mark.


The speedo fitting is a hose barb type fitting making an already tight connection as is, a small zip tie would help secure it even better plus chances are the other end of the hose at the speedo gauge has a zip tie on it too.
 
Top