Grumman Dinghy 8.5 ft

D-143

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
1
I have a 1947-1952 Grumman Engineering Corp. Bethpage made row version dinghy D-143. It is missing the aluminum support for the middle seat and I’d like to fabricate the original design. I'm looking for a clear picture and dimensions so we can recreate it. Please let me know if you might be able to help.

Here's a photo of what I'm looking to replicate:
Grumman Dinghy Aluminum Support.jpg

And here's a photo of what I currently have:
Grumman Dinghy Wooden Supports.jpeg


Thanks so much.

Paul
 

Mc Tool

Commander
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
2,013
Gee , they sure dont make em like that any more , and its in good condition too . I can see why you would want to make it complete
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,490
Grumman was local to me here in Long Island and IIRC there is a Grumman Retirees group, if you can find a contact for it someone there may know. Also I think there was a website about Grumman boats as well. One of the retirees I knew actually worked on the Lunar Module (1962-1972). Those Grumman mail trucks (LLV) were only supposed to last 20 years, the last ones were made in….1987! It’s usually the GM frame that rots out not the Grumman aluminum body…
 
Top