No Spark

Pauly20

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
3
So I have a new to me 7.5 hp Mercury outboard that I just purchased, and it has no spark. Its serial number is 3280358. Any ideas where to start? The motor has been sitting, but it's in like new condition... Any help will be helpful to me.
 

Mc Tool

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
1,999
1972 ? two cylinder . Id have a good look at the kill switch 1st . If it got no spark in both cylinders its likely to be something common to both .....kill switch maybe
 

Pauly20

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
3
1972 ? two cylinder . Id have a good look at the kill switch 1st . If it got no spark in both cylinders its likely to be something common to both .....kill switch maybe
Yes, 2, and I believe it had something to do with the kill switch. I now have spark. And Thanks!
 
Top