Source for Johnson OB ign wiring?

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,244
On my '98 Johnny 150HPV6 there is a short (6 inch) wiring harness with 6 bullet connectors that go to the ign switch. The other end plugs into the main boat harness. The P/N is likely 0176673. I had thought it would be avail, but no dice. Anyone have a source?
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,244
I could solder new bullet connectors to the original wire. However, I thought that since the harness is simple and small, replacing it would be cheap, and I would get new connectors on both ends.

As of now, I cleaned the bullet connectors with electrical spray, sanded the insides of the female bullet connectors, sprayed them again and reinstalled them. I also taped the harness to the steering head so it would not flop around.
 

Crosbyman

Admiral
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
6,262
if you cleaned all surfaces applied cleaner etc... you should be ok

one option is to slide some heat shrink tubing over individual wires and seal them up for increases huminity protection and mecanically resistance. some tubing have sealing glue inside for added sealing. cheap protection on amazon.
1791643411925.png
another option is large size hs tubing to enveloppe all wires or protect everything with split tubing of proper sise
 

saltchuckmatt

Captain
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,381
On my '98 Johnny 150HPV6 there is a short (6 inch) wiring harness with 6 bullet connectors that go to the ign switch. The other end plugs into the main boat harness. The P/N is likely 0176673. I had thought it would be avail, but no dice. Anyone have a source?
Is this for a dash key switch? and not a control box?
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,244
Yes, Dashboard mounted ign switch, used with a side mount control.
 
Top