[SPLASHED] I/O (Sterndrive) Conversion to Outboards

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,442
It already passed us, looks like it is making a u turn and passing south of Long Island heading toward NJ. I think the winds will peak here very early Sunday and after that will decline over the course of the day. On Friday night we had gusts as high as 60 knts. Lots of leaves all over the property and in the pool, thats my project till the pool guys close it!
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,557
It is kind of unusual how small the Honda oil filters are . . .
.
View attachment 420023
.
I wonder when it gets older will it get bigger. :unsure:
Here is the one for Verado's

20260926_150026.jpg

The first thing I usually do after getting new car/truck/motor I go a buy spares. I need to start doing that on 3rd or fourth thing. Here I changed the oil once and have several filters that won't be used on the 8.2 so oh well. Same goes with the other parts are new oil
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,442
I do the same thing with my boat & vehicles. For the boat I think I have 2-3 oil filters 2-3 fuel filters, a spare Prestolite points distributor, Quadrajet parts, 2 spare fuel pumps abs a bunch of OMC cobra spares. For the jeeps (4.0 Six and 5.7 Hemi) they both take the same oil filter so I usually have a few of them around too.
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,442
Lucky for us we live on top of a hill so we’re about 90’ above sea level. The part of our neighborhood by the boat yard I’m sure had flooding at high tide.
Much of the south shore of LI is only about 10 feet above sea level. Those folks are going to have a real mess on their hands…
 

Pmt133

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
1,822
I tell people they're stupid for living on a barrier island that floods at normal high tide. These are the find out calls.
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,442
I discouraged my brother from buying a house near me that’s right above sea level! He got a nicer property in a neighboring town about 50’ above sea level. We do get wind though….
 
Top