[SPLASHED] I/O (Sterndrive) Conversion to Outboards

nola mike

Admiral
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
6,078
That’s me. And as usual Edgartown harbor is flooded.
I think I mentioned some where around here that I waited tables at EYC, lived on chappy. Used to "borrow" tenders from the harbor to get home after the bars/ferry closed if the harbormaster wouldn't give us a ride. For some reason nobody gave us a hard time about it, and we returned them the next day if they were still there... Good times!
 

tphoyt

Commander
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
2,362
I recall you says this. Not sure how old you now but I’m guessing you may have known Bill Roman as he was the GM for 40 years. He just recently retired. Back in my cooking days I would work the mother day brunch at the YC.
One year I was waiting around in ankle deep water cooking breakfast. They raised the build several years ago so it doesn’t flood anymore.
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,513
The past few days, I've been back & forth to the boat (just outside the garage) to do the grease gun stuff and change the lower unit lube.

Every time I'd get out there when the rain stopped, it would quickly start up again. So as not to accidentally get any drops of water in the LU, I'd button things up and go back inside. It got done, but not without adding a few thousand steps to my day :ROFLMAO:.

Today, will be oil change day and then on to de-scaling solution.
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,513
Maybe 5 feet above sea level
I’m about 80-90 above
I have sea level in my back yard . . .
.
IMG_0325.JPG
.
The house (first floor) itself is about 12 ft above mean high tide. We rarely see any water rise from a storm though, since the winds are often off shore during such.
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,459
IMG_4615.jpeg
the calm after the storm and after cleaning the pool like 10 times to get all the leaves out!
this is about 85' above sea level, in the distance is Asharoken, Eatons Neck and beyond that is LI Sound. On a clear day you can see buildings in Stamford Ct pretty clearly.
 
Last edited:

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,459
Close, Centerport which is right between Huntington & Northport
At the docks in Northport we see boats from Ct all the time.
It’s only about 8-9 miles across at that point.
Your boat was from Port Washington that’s about a half hr west of here.
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,513
OK I discovered something weird . . .
.
IMG_0329.JPG
.
I usually look at the round gauges (Veratron) for engine hours and today noticed they were at 37 hours :eek: . But my Honda display tells the real story . . . Just under 20 hours. :cool:

I may have left the key on overnight, but if so, it only effected the Veratron displays not the Honda (which probably clock only when the engines are running.

Not sure if I can teak the Veratron displays to show the same data as the Honda display.
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,566
That's different, I have left the keys on to see if hours went up and they didn't change on Mercs
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,513
The middle gauge act as a speedometer, but it is tied to the port engine for data.

not the best solution - I’m not thrilled with the Veratron gauges
 
Top