Upgrade motor.

Lee1142

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 9, 2026
Messages
1
I have a V16 Pro Guide Tracker 2016 model with a 4 stroke 60 HP motor. I want to upgrade to a 90 HP. Can I use my same control box and electrical
 

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
16,399
welcome to the forum

i am not the expert but typically the same brand and same era will interchange.

What year is the 90 and is it a merc?

If just all general electrical things like livewells, radio, horn, etc yes. That all comes from the battery the motor just resupplies the battery. No direct connections.
 

aspeck

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
19,903
What motor do you have and what motor do you want to replace it with? Years, makes, models. Much more info is needed before this can be answered.
 
Top