FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
your windlass has to have a reversing contactor. the switch in your picture will not carry the current, and doesnt have enough contacts to be used in a reversing circuit.
your windlass has to have a reversing contactor. the switch in your picture will not carry the current, and doesnt have enough contacts to be used in a reversing circuit.
You’re right that the motor current should not be carried through a small control switch. The switch should only operate the reversing contactor/solenoids, which handle the windlass load and polarity reversal. I’ll update the setup accordingly.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I realize now that this is not my thread, and I should not have made any updates or changes here. I’ll be more careful going forward and ensure that I only make changes in the appropriate conversations or threads where I have responsibility. Thank you for pointing this out, and I appreciate your clarification.