Maybe my turn for new boat time

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,613
Pics
Will post others later after resize
 

Attachments

  • 20261007_113604.jpg
    20261007_113604.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20261007_113554.jpg
    20261007_113554.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20261007_113513.jpg
    20261007_113513.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,613
Boat has sat mostly for almost 2 years. Measured the Bats and start was 12.7V and house 12.2V so plugged in charger. Bats are Odyssey Extreme so seeing if both will come back up (should be 12.9V)

Also missing the little air pump used for winterization. I'll contact them after letting the Bats charge for couple days, Bats might come back. Might even just buy the pump, it's about $20 something

The boat came out of the whole slowly but that could have been the salesman. Did notice with drive all the way down it's not tucked in even with transom, wonder if Formula installed blocks inside the trim rams?
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,613
Boat steering is stiff, Formula is checking into it but says it doesn't have power steering but has power assist. I mentioned that the steering is about the same with the motor off as well as running. Never seen one as stiff.

Hey @muc have any idea what would cause the new steering to be hard to turn, fluid was checked and it's full?
 

Pmt133

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
1,842
Just out of curiosity, well 2 actually.

First, what air pump? Is this like a quick winterizing kit?

Second, what kind of rack is on the helm?
 

Pmt133

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
1,842
Oh, so bicycle pump.

I only ask as I tried one of the no feedback Helms on my restoration and hated it for the same reason. Stiff. Stiffer than the 40 year old detmar it replaced. I don't see why they'd use that on a power assist anyway, but just a thought.
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,613
Good point
I could use 1 of my bicycle or B-ball pumps to do the same thing.

Looking at the parts for the so called "power assist" it's the same parts many cars use so it should work the same as self contained unit
 

Pmt133

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
1,842
This had a clutch on the rack. No possible way to push the drive unless you turned the wheel. The power assist without that I would assume still moves, just woth the force needed to move the actuator tacked on, like a car.
 
Top